HEAT TREATED STEEL BAR AND TUBE
Heat treated steel bar is produced by heating and cooling in different temperature based on the steel grades to improve the steel bar mechanical properties or machinability for various industrial applications. Heat treated steel bar includes annealed steel bars, normalized steel bar, quenched and temper qt steel bar.
Annealed steel bar has better ductility and lower hardness, which can be easier to be machined. The annealing processing is usually widely used for steel grade with higher carbon content above 0.5%. However, some low carbon steel also requires to do annealing for special usage such as 20CrMnTi gear steel. For some special material such as 20CrMnTi gear steel and GCr15 such bearing steel, spheroidizing annealing is often required.
Normalized steel bar sometime is also one kind of annealing processing. It mainly changes the grain to remove the impurities in steel and improves the strength and hardness. For some hot rolled steel bars, to keep the basic mechanical properties, normalizing is often used.
Quenching and Tempering, abbreviated as Q&T is a king of processing that strengthen or harden steel bars by heating the materials and then cooling in water, oil or other liquid medium, that rapidly the change from austenite to perlite to get the proper properties for various usage. The quenched & tempered steel bar materials are usually with carbon from 0.30% - 0.60%, it is widely used as merchant bars in components of various machines.
Our advantages on producing heat treated steel bars:
1) Big stocks of hot rolled round bars or wire rods as raw materials
2) Wide range of cold drawn steel bar sizes: from 10mm to 150mm
3) Different cold drawing medias powder or oil to get different surface
4) Straightening machines to get better straightness up to 0.5mm/m
5) Grinding and polishing machines to get better roughness upto 0.4um
6) Heat treating furnaces to adjust the mechanical properties
7) Full sets of testing equipment to test the sizes, mechanical properties and microstructure.
8) Multiple packages to avoid broken packages and anti-rusty